Concessionary fare, privileges and assistance to the disabled
You don't know if you are entitled to concessionary fare or you do not know its extent? You need assistance in moving across the station or getting on and off board ? In the following guide you can find all necessary information for disabled persons or reduced mobility persons1.
ASSISTANCE IN GETTING ON BOARD/GETTING OFF BOARD/CHANGING THE TRAINS
Free assistance in getting on board, getting off board or transfer to an interconnected train is offered at stations staffed with relevant personnel.
Please, notify us of the need of such assistance, at least 48 hours before beginning the journey. To this end, you may contact us in the following ways:
- by telephone with the PKP Intercity Infoline on 703 200 200
- by telephone (for calls from international telecommunications networks) on +48 22 3919757
- via the notification form (Polish language version)
ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE AT STATIONS
Assistance in moving across stations rendered to people who are disabled or have reduced mobility is also provided by PKP S.A..
The assistance is available in: Białystok, Bielsko-Biała Główna, Bydgoszcz Główna, Częstochowa Osobowa, Częstochowa Stradom, Elbląg, Gdańsk Główny, Gdynia Główna, Głogów, Gorzów Wielkopolski, Iława Główna, Jelenia Góra, Kalisz, Katowice, Kielce, Kłodzko Główne, Kołobrzeg, Koszalin, Kraków Główny, Kutno, Legnica, Leszno, Lublin, Łódź Kaliska, Łódź Widzew, Malbork, Mińsk Mazowiecki, Olsztyn Główny, Opole Główne, Ostrów Wielkopolski, Piła Główna, Piotrków Trybunalski, Poznań Główny, Przemyśl Główny, Radom, Rzeszów Główny, Siedlce, Skarżysko-Kamienna, Skierniewice, Słupsk, Sopot, Sosnowiec, Stargard Szczeciński, Szczecin Główny, Świnoujście, Tarnowskie Góry, Tarnów, Tczew, Toruń Wschodni, Wałbrzych Miasto, Warszawa Centralna, Warszawa Śródmieście, Warszawa Wileńska, Warszawa Wschodnia, Warszawa Zachodnia, Włocławek, Wrocław Główny, Zakopane, Zielona Góra.
WHAT DETAILS NEED TO BE GIVEN IN THE NOTIFICATION?
Regardless of the form of contact, please give as many details on your journey and form of assistance as possible:
- date and time of journey;
- contact phone no.;
- departure and arrival station or transfer station., along with information about at which of them the assistance is needed;
- type of disability;
- time and place to meet our employees.
- car number and seat number (for a train/car with seat reservation);
- information about whether you travel with an accompanying person/guardian, guide dog/assistance dog;
- any other useful information (e.g. kind of luggage).
FEE FOR BUYING A TICKET WITH A CONDUCTOR (TICKET INSPECTOR) - WHO IS EXEMPT FROM PAYMENT?
When you buy a ticket with a conductor (ticket inspector), you pay for the ticket itself and for issuing it onboard (the fee is PLN 10). A ticket inspector will not charge the fee, if:
- you are disabled or you have reduced mobility – provided that, when buying, you produce to the conductor (ticket inspector) a document certifying your disability. However, people with visible physical disability (permanent or temporary) are exempt from this duty
- you are 70 years old or older, provided that you produce a document certifying age,
Therefore please remember to notify the conductor (ticket inspector) of the fact of disability or to produce relevant document when buying a ticket on train.
1 Disabled person or reduced mobility person - within the legal meaning - is any person whose mobility is reduced, when using means of transport, because of any physical disability (whether sensory or locomotor, permanent or temporary) or mental disability, handicap or any other cause of disability, or a person who is 70 years old or older.
If you try to connect to the IC Infoline, and the number from which you are calling is your own number (i.e. you pay rental for it on your own), please contact your Operator’s hotline in order to unblock calls to numbers beginning with 703. You can also use the Operator’s mobile applications or website.
If you try to connect to the IC Infoline, and the number from which you are calling is your business number (i.e. your employer pays rental for it), please contact the person responsible for telephones in order to unblock calls to numbers beginning with 703.