EuroCity (EC), EuroNight (EN)
On European routes travellers are taken by EuroCity trains (express connections to European capital cities), EuroNight trains (fast night international connections) and international fast trains (all-year day and night connection). You can travel through the major part of Europe by InterCity international trains.
The history of international category of EuroCity trains goes back to 1987. Since the 90s EC trains also travel in the East-Central countries (in Poland since 1992), with PKP Intercity – since 2001. First EuroNight trains appeared on European tracks in 1993.
EuroCity trains sets – in the territory of Poland, travelling under EIC and IC brand – include comfortable air-conditioned cars of 1st and 2nd class and a restaurant car – offering wonderful dishes of Polish and European cuisine, hot and cold beverages and a wide range of alcohol drinks. Furthermore, a mobile sale of beverages and snacks is provided during travel. In selected sets, there are also cars with facilities for the disabled and places dedicated for transporting bikes and touristic equipment.
Do you know that…
Everyday, PKP Intercity together with its foreign partners activates several dozens of international railway connections. One of the most popular destinations chosen by Polish passengers is Berlin.
A network of international connections
Currently, EC (EuroCity) trains run from Warsaw to:
- Berlina (via Kutno, Poznań, Rzepin and Frankfurt an der Oder)
- Prague („Praha”, „Porta Moravica” and „Chopin” ECs, via Sosnowiec, Katowice, Ostrava, Olomuniec and Pardubice)
- Ostrava („Comenius” EC, via Sosnowiec, Katowice, Tychy and Rybnik)
- Vienna („Polonia”, „Sobieski” and „Chopin” ECs, via Sosnowiec, Katowice, Zebrzydowice, Ostrava, Przerów i Breclav)
- Budapest („Varsovia” and „Chopin” ECs, via Sosnowiec, Katowice, Zebrzydowice, Ostrava, Przerów, Brzeclav, Bratislava, Sturovo)
from Gdynia to:
- Berlin (via Bydgoszcz, Inowrocław, Gniezno, Poznań, Rzepin and Frankfurt an der Oder)
- Vienna („Sobieski” EC via Malbork, Iława, Warsaw, Sosnowiec, Katowice, Zebrzydowice, Ostrava, Przerów i Breclav)
As part of IFT (International Fast Trains) we are offering day-time connections from Cracow to:
- Grodno („Hańcza” IFT via Warsaw and Białystok)
from Przemyśl to:
- Kiev (via Lviv)
and night connections from Warsaw to:
- Minsk („Polonez” IFT, via Siedlce, Terespol and Brest),
- Moscow („Polonez” IFT, via Siedlce, Terespol, Brest, Minsk i Smolensk),
- Kiev („Kiev-Express” IFT via Lublin),
- Lviv (Lwów-Express IFT, via Cracow, Rzeszów and Przemyśl)
from Wrocław to:
-Lviv (Lwów-Express IFT, via Cracow, Rzeszów, Przemyśl)
If you want to learn the prices and local attractions in the above cities, go to section International connections (Polish version).
Brand philosophy / mission
International fast trains, EuroCity and EuroNight constitute a favourable in terms of price and comfortable alternative for travelling around Europe by plane, bus or car. International train sets are equipped in a modern and comfortable manner so that the travel abroad becomes a memorable adventure.