Route price Poland - Czech Republic
Prague and Ostrava in the Czech Republic and Warsaw, Krakow and Katowice in Poland. Five cities, six routes. And six prices – more attractive than those which tariff distances would give.
What are the prices?
- EUR 13 for a journey on the Katowice - Ostrava or Ostrava - Katowice train
- EUR 17.50 for a journey on the Kraków - Ostrava or Ostrava - Krakow train
- EUR 30.50 for a journey on the Warsaw - Ostrava or Ostrava - Warsaw train
- EUR 49 for a journey on the Katowice - Prague or Prague - Katowice train
- EUR 54 for a journey on the Kraków - Prague or Prague - Krakow train
- EUR 65 for a journey on the Warsaw - Prague or Prague - Warsaw train
These are regular prices, and not a promotion, meaning that there is no need to hunt for tickets from a limited pool. If you are travelling with a child, this younger passenger is entitled to a concessionary ticket – children from four to 12 years of age on the PKP stage and from six to 15 years of age on the CD (Czech Railways) stage are entitled to a 50% discount. Added to the prices for the journeys is a seat charge (EUR 3.50 on trains leaving Poland and EUR 3 on trains returning).
Taking a bicycle
If the train on which you are travelling has a carriage adapted for transporting bicycles, you can also take your own two wheels on the journey to the Czech Republic. The cost is EUR 10 one-way.
Changes and returns
It is possible to change the time for which a ticket is valid once with no additional handling costs. You can also change the class of carriage to first or make a change in the scope of the journey beyond the destination station, in which case it is necessary to pay the difference in price (without additional deductions).
The return of a ticket costs 10% of its price. You can return a ticket at a ticket window before the time for which it is valid, but after this time the claim should be made to the registered office of PKP Intercity in Warsaw.