Transport of bicycles
We make all efforts to allow cyclists to freely travel by train together with their bikes, but we also expect that they abide by the rules for transport of bicycles on train. To freely travel by train together with your bicycle, you need to read the following brief cyclist's guide.
Where to place your bicycle?
1. In TLK and IC train second class sitting cars:
- adjusted to transport of bicycles, at a place designed for that purpose, or
- in the first vestibule of the first car or the last vestibule of the last car of a given train, provided that there are unoccupied places designed for that purpose in a given train.
2. In an Express Intercity (EIC) and Express Intercity Premium (EIP) train:
- exclusively in second class cars adjusted to transport of bicycles, in the place allocated to this purpose – provided, of course, that there are unoccupied places allocated for bicycle transport in a given train.
Where you are not allowed to place your bicycle?
At places that are not designed for that purpose, and sleeping cars and couchette cars.
Is the transport of your bicycle paid?
Yes, the transport of bicycles is paid and can take place exclusively under the supervision of the passenger himself/herself, on the basis of a bicycle transport ticket. The fee for bicycle transport is a flat fee of PLN 9.10, regardless of the route length.
I haven't notified a ticket inspector of the bicycle being transported - what to do?
A passenger who has not bought a bicycle transport ticket in a ticket office should notify a conductor (ticket inspector) of the intention to transport a bicycle before beginning the trip, i.e. before getting on the train, or immediately after. A ticket for the transport of a bicycle on an EIP train may be purchased at a ticket window only.
Please remember that an additional fee of PLN 10 is charged for issuing such a ticket onboard a train.
A passenger who has not notified a conductor (ticket inspector) of the intention to transport a bicycle will be charged – apart from the bicycle transport fee of PLN 9.10– an additional fee specified on the basis of the Regulation of the Minister of Infrastructure of 20 January 2005. In such an event the fee is PLN 52, and if a passenger refuses to pay this fee, a notice-protocol is issued subject to an additional fee of PLN 260. If a passenger pays the fee within 7 days from the date of issue of the notice – the fee is PLN 65.